The primary responsibility of a Busser is to reset tables in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave the restaurant. Bussers are also responsible for the grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters, as well as supporting servers and service staff with refills and clearing tables. Other duties will be expected as need arises.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Obtain service area assignments at the beginning of each shift.
• Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring water to table and clear off any unneeded settings.
• Clear tables after guests leave. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
• Between settings promptly clean table tops, chairs, boosters and high chairs.
• Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
• Respond appropriately to guest requests.
• Communicate guest requests to server immediately.
• Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
• Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
• Thank guests as they are leaving.
• Good people skills.
• Show flexibility in terms of your schedule to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant management or immediate supervisor.
• Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness.
• Be a team player; Help out fellow employees when possible.
• Be able to fulfill physical requirements of a Busser’s job – carry heavy trays and/or bus tubs (20lbs. at least) for long periods of time.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• No previous restaurant experience required.
• Be able to communicate and understand English.
**Must be available weekdays and some holidays.
COMPENSATION: HOURLY RATE FOR TIPPED EMPLOYEE PLUS TIPS