Responsible for assembling purchased parts and the various pieces that go together to form a finished product. The assembly worker will use various hand tools and power tools, in conjunction with their hands, to complete the job.
Tools: Hand tools; screwdrivers, wrenches / sockets, wire strippers / crimpers, tape measure.
Power Tools; drills, grinders, belt sander, band saw, and power riveter
• Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint/wiring specifications, and bills of material; gather parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Install parts and subassemblies by assembly drawings/on job training.
• Assemble components by examining connections for correct and proper fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Resolve assembly problems: notify line foreman to obtain additional resources/direction.
• May train co-workers in production assembly.
• May be required to complete production documentation.
• Required to maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Vanair procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Ability to read blueprints, wiring schematics, assembly drawings
• Able to read a tape measure
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Vanair offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 401k, and paid vacation, holidays, and wellness time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org